Mortgage Underwriting Supervisor
TriQuest – Austin, TX
The Underwriting Supervisor reports directly to the Division Manager. This position is primarily responsible for managing a small to mid-size underwriting team. The team has the responsibility of reviewing mortgage loans to verify for completeness, accuracy and compliance. The Underwriting Supervisor will be able to provide quick and accurate answers on multiple loan product guidelines, and provide technical assistance and quality assurance on loan approvals, counter-offers, adverse denials, and loan scenarios.
The statements on this job description are intended to describe the general nature of level of work being performed by incumbents. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by all incumbents.
- Manage a team of 4-10 Underwriters
- Accurately condition loan file based off loan application and documentation provided
- Email updated conditional approval and loan status.
- Efficiently and effectively process a pipeline of loans on a daily basis consisting of government and conventional loans.
- Communicate effectively with managers, processors and loan officers.
- Understand and stay current with company policies, procedures, industry regulations and other changes that affect the industry and/or company.
- Analyze highly complex financial and credit information according to underwriting standards.
- Ability to perform daily underwriting duties including Conventional, Jumbo, Portfolio and Government loans.
- Provide training and assistance to Underwriters (as needed) and help aid in performance improvement and development.
- Review HMDA Data in accordance with compliance policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of Conventional(Fannie Mae) and FHA Loan Products
- Thorough knowledge of VA and USDA products preferred
- Strong analytical skills and decision-making ability to make lending decisions and translate guidelines
- Ability to work independently and as a team; ability to garner support and collaborate with others
- Ability to motivate and encourage team and peers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to provide support and work collaboratively with management to achieve business objectives
- College degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Applicant must have at least 5 years’ experience underwriting Conventional and FHA Loans
- Knowledge of DU, LP, and Encompass or similar underwriting systems.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year