Mortgage Processing Supervisor
This positions collaborates with assigned staff to evaluate and analyze pipeline details. You will ensure that all conditions and closing dates are met. You will identify any issues that may affect the ability to meet previously established conditions and dates in a timely manner.
- Monitor daily work of the team so that service level agreements are being met.
- Assist assigned staff in the maintenance of efficient workflow to minimize turn around and processing time from initial application to closing.
- Monitor loans in process to determine any deviation from standard processing time and to take appropriate actions including escalating to appropriate parties for alternatives to ensure members receive timely service.
- May consult with leadership on exceptions to normal policies and procedures before making decisions.
- Responsible for recruiting, training and continuing professional development of mortgage services staff to include coaching and addressing disciplinary issues.
- May review desktop underwriting (DU) loans.
- Ensure exceptional service by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements and demonstrate a commitment to professional ethics.
- Upon escalation, counsel individual borrowers appropriately, to include, interpreting rates and programs, interfacing with external customers and providing competitive market information.
- Manage workload balancing including approving timecards, overtime, and time off to insure adequate resources are available to achieve results within budget limitations.
- Assist with maintaining compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Remain current on all mortgage related regulations and changes and keeps section staff informed
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Thorough understanding of Conventional and Government programs as they relate to Processing
- Ability to work independently and as a team; ability to garner support and collaborate with others
- Ability to motivate and encourage team and peers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to provide support and work collaboratively with management to achieve business objectives
- Title company closing experience is a plus
- Microsoft Office (outlook, excel)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Applicant must have at least 5 years’ experience in mortgage lending with specific background in Conventional and FHA Loans
- Knowledge of DU, LP, and Encompass or similar underwriting systems