Title of Position: IT Information Security Specialist
Department: IT Department
Reports to: IT Director
This individual will be responsible for implementing, monitoring and maintaining the information security controls of the organization. Responds to suspicious events and incidents to limit the impact to sensitive data and critical systems. You will also be responsible for monitoring the operating environment to maintain a high level of confidentiality, integrity and availability of data and critical systems. Expert in cyber risks and taking proactive action. Works with IT leadership to develop strategy for information security and recommends security enhancements. There is a ton of planning and execution with this role. Research and proactive approaches in order to keep the organization safe from attacks. Our client is requiring experience in the following areas;
- Experience with common attack scenarios in internal infrastructure.
- Extensive experience with IT networks, servers, software and monitoring of these systems, with focus on business systems.
Consults with: Executive Team and Operations
Term: Direct Hire
- Handles information security incidents based on policy, procedure and industry best practice.
- Evaluates information security controls and suggests improvements include modification of existing controls and the addition of new, more effective controls.
- Collaborates with other information systems team members, staff and vendors to design, implement, maintain and monitor secure systems and processes supporting high level of confidentiality, integrity and availability.
- Maintain the organizations information security technology investments including data loss prevention, network inventory, log and incident management and vulnerability reporting systems.
- Educates users about Information Security Requirements, Policies, and Procedures and consults on security issues as it relates to strategic initiatives for the organization.
- Candidate will be required to provide mentoring and security training to junior staff and participate in the information security community.
Bachelor's degree, information systems or computer science preferred.
4 plus years of experience in cyber security, risk mitigation, incident response, and designing and 4 plus years implementing information security solutions, practices, and policies.
Knowledge of Implementation of strategic security measures to protect computer systems, networks, and data.
Certifications such as Security+ · CYSA (Cybersecurity SA+) · Information Systems Security Certified Practitioner · CISSP, SSCP or CCSP
Salary Range: TBD