Job Summary: Provides support in the Loan Underwriting Department to ensure that loan files are underwritten according to guidelines thoroughly, compliantly and in a timely manner.
- Accurately condition loan file based off loan application and documentation provided
- Email updated conditional approval and loan status.
- Efficiently and effectively process a pipeline of loans on a daily basis consisting of portfolio loans.
- Communicate effectively with referral partners Account Executives.
- Understand and stay current with company policies, procedures, industry regulations and other changes that affect the industry and/or company.
- Analyze highly complex financial and credit information according to underwriting standards.
- Ability to perform daily underwriting duties including Purchase Money and Refinance loans.
- Review HMDA Data in accordance with compliance policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Job responsibilities will include oversight of the following:
- Thorough understanding of underwriting standards of mortgage loan products
- Strong analytical skills and decision-making ability to make lending decisions and translate guidelines
- Ability to work independently and as a team; ability to garner support and collaborate with others
- Ability to motivate and encourage team and peers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to details
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to provide support and work collaboratively with management to achieve business objectives
- Working knowledge of the Encompass Loan Origination System is favorable
- Stay abreast of any changes in regulations and report to management
- Test updates to operating system for post-closing functions in regard to compliance and report findings
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE**
- Four-year degree, or high school diploma with 3 years of related experience
- Ability to read and understand, and interpret federal and state regulations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to research independently and think critically
- Ability to multitask while maintaining multiple deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of situations
- Ability to lift and carry 20 pounds. Stand or sit for more than an hour. Use computers and monitors for up to four hours at a time. Tolerate general office distractions, including fluorescent lighting, for up to 9 straight hours.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, fax machines, and other specialized equipment.
- Must have transportation to and from primary work location. Some travel may be required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $93,000.00 per year