Term: Direct Hire
Total Compensation - 125-135K
TriQuest is seeking a business Sales solutions (SE) engineer who works with key channel partners and customers nationwide to facilitate pre-sales product demonstrations, POC's, deal qualification and order configuration. The Channel SE also assists in providing training as needed to partner sales managers and engineers. Ultimately, the SE serves as a consultant and is viewed as an expert in his/her field by the channel account team, partners and customers.
This Channel Sales Engineer may be located anywhere in the Continental US and will travel up to 75%. The Channel SE must have the flexibility to seamlessly support partners in multiple time zones.
- Perform product demonstrations and presentations at customer and partner sites, company road shows, and live/online events as needed
- Assist channel sales with written and verbal responses to technical questions
- Work to understand the customer's business drivers and how to map solutions.
- Refine and research technical requirements of each sales opportunity by working closely with customers in the design and implementation of products
- Define solution options and articulate the benefits of offerings
- Act as an interface between the Sales organization and technical staff to resolve outstanding issues
- Provide training as needed to assigned channel partners
- Assist in installation and troubleshooting where necessary
- Promote new and innovative approaches to addressing business challenges and problems
- Maintain a broad-level of knowledge of industry trends and how products add value
- Provide articulate documentation about the work performed including project scope, onsite activities, open issues and next steps on channel opportunities
- Coordinating with the Channel Sales Manager, the Channel SE will travel to partners and customers throughout the region as much as 75% of the time
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years' experience in a field-based Sales Engineer role, supporting channel partners and their customers.
- Advanced understanding of internetworking, including new products and solutions, both cloud and on-premise.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows Server OS technologies and administration.
- Excellent knowledge of security solutions and technologies, including;
- Active Directory
- SQL Server
- Load Balancer Technologies like NetScaler and F5
- Experience with network concepts, equipment, administration, and protocols. Knowledge in the following technologies (or part thereof) is highly desirable:
- Well-known file transfer protocols like FTP/SFTP/HTTPS/FTPS/AS2
- IP Multicast
- SQL Server
- CISCO Switching and Routing
- Experience with scripting technologies and their use in automating IT and business process activities. Knowledge in PowerShell, Visual Basic or other windows based scripting languages is desirable.
- Soft Skills
- Proven track record of creating and maintaining strong relationships with Channel Partners
- Strong ability to assess customer requirements and proper solution design
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to set and manage expectations with senior stake-holders and team members
- Demonstrated ability to make and take responsibility for decisions on major technical issues
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to present to a broad range of external audiences (staff and C-Level) and articulate the business benefits and technical advantages of offerings
- Team focused, with the ability to gain the personal support of others
- Disciplined, organized and methodical in approach to tasks and activities
- Excellent problem-solving skills