AP Specialist 6 month Contract
The Processing Specialist is responsible for timely and accurate processing of vendor invoices in accordance with policies and procedures, review vendor statements and resolve outstanding issues, and maintain professional relationships with external and internal customers.
Responsible for handling all aspects of Accounts Payable, to include: assigning general ledger codes, verifying invoices, matching invoices to purchase orders, cutting checks, and filing.
Associate Degree in a business-related discipline strongly preferred
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of invoices for payments to vendors
- Verifying purchases
- Ensuring invoice approval
- Entering invoices into the accounting software for payment and posting entries to the general ledger
- Issue payments to vendors and balance accounts payable at the end of the month
- Coordinates accounts payable activities of processing and payment of invoices in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Prints and obtains signatures on all accounts payable checks.
- Distributes signed checks as required.
- Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and Home Office accounts payable files.
- Review invoices and payment requests for proper authorization
- Process Invoice discrepancies and work with Buyers, vendors, and the Procurement Department to resolve them
- Reconcile vendor statements and resolve issues
- Maintain written procedures for all payment processes
- Interact with internal and external customers, including members of upper management, to resolve invoice discrepancies
- Ensure compliance with internal and external audit requirements, and assist with audit requests as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Email your resume to email@example.com
- At least 3 - 5 years of experience in a corporate AP environment strongly preferred
- Knowledge of end-to-end accounts payable processes
- Attention to detail is critical
- Experience with ERP systems (JDE, Oracle, SAP) a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel a must
- Must be able to multitask, prioritize, and meet strict deadlines
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, service-based, team environment