Manages the Network Security & Engineering department for SSFCU. Manages the data networking infrastructure, networking hardware and software and enterprise LAN\WAN infrastructure. Manages the Network Security Engineering team and ensures all audit and security requirements are adhered to. Advises and assists the AVP of Infrastructure and Network in the design development and implementation of Credit Union plans. Provides overall design and management of enterprise networking architecture, networking Disaster Planning and Business Continuity planning.
- Hires, retains, and develops staff that embodies the spirit of the Credit Union. Ensures that staffing and scheduling provides complete coverage for Credit Union operation. Ensures that OJT training, Career Path(s), and performance appraisals are consistently completed with proficiency, accuracy, and timeliness. Assists in the development of comprehensive corporate budgets that identify the human, physical and technical resources needed to achieve high support standards. Provides input on long range planning for corporate and or departmental equipment and software needs.
- Manages a team of Engineers across multiple skillsets to provide 24/7/365 coverage for the enterprise. Oversees the Administration of a secure, complex enterprise network infrastructure that consolidates and support multiple protocols. This environment supports corporate and remote locations across the multiple states to include a large scale foot print of Service Centers and remote offices, as well as, connectivity to third party vendors.
- Designs and implements network architecture, network configurations (including hardware & software technology, site locations, and integration of technologies), and systems. Develops and creates procedures for installation, configuration, management, and troubleshooting of communications hardware and software. Provides engineering services and project management functions required to develop and implement network plans. Designs and implements remote, edge and internal security solutions. Ensures best practice and compliance requirements are met or exceeded.
- Conducts routine testing and architectural evaluation of network design and maintains technical expertise in all areas of networking, network security and related hardware and software. Manages devices such as core routers, firewalls, Application Load balancers, Application firewalls, next generation firewalls, DDOS appliances, and all related networking products and solutions.
Additional Job Responsibilities
- Participates in the bidding process for data circuits and network infrastructure solutions for the enterprise.
- Provides the highest level of technical expertise in Network infrastructure, network security and related technologies and solutions. Manages and provides guidance to the staff on all aspects of problem determination for hardware, software, communications and related applications. Determines and directs the involvement of vendors as required.
- Acts as liaison to Operational Training, MIS, Core Banking, and Information Technology to ensure that work is completed on schedule and accurately. Manages the network engineering department, related vendors, third party relationships and projects.
- Actively participates and/or leads Credit Union projects, providing consulting to ensure environmental, hardware and software considerations and needs are identified & addressed. Ensures a secure solution and transport is provided to meet business requirements.
- Oversees the design and development of plans for the Disaster Recovery process for the network environment. Manages a complex and highly resilient environment across multiple data centers and a multiregional enterprise environment. Ensures the organization has a secure, robust and resilient networking infrastructure.
- Provides strategic Network Infrastructure planning, design and implementation to meet the increasing demands of technology, business cybersecurity and compliance.
- Manages the Installation, configuration and maintenance of Wireless Network infrastructure hardware, software and related equipment across the organization. Ensures high availability, security and robust infrastructure requirements are met.
- Troubleshoots networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct operational difficulties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Training
Requires Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent field or comparable work experience.
Minimum 7 years of experience in Network engineering, IT or related field.
Minimum of 3 years management experience in Network Engineering, IT or related field.
Requires a high level of technical expertise in managing an enterprise level complex network infrastructure to include LAN, WAN, data carriers, IPS, Firewall and related networking environments. Good knowledge of application, network, voice and server infrastructure architecture and dependencies.
Ability to translate strategic opportunities and emerging technology solutions into tangible pragmatic executable plans
Ability to "think big" and challenge conventional wisdom regarding technology refresh and hype
Strong Service Delivery mindset with demonstrated functional domain experience
Strong consultative, collaboration, and process improvement skills
Effective internal & external relationships and operating across functional boundaries
Comfortable with ambiguity and willing to take principled risk on new technology
Ability to establish, implement, and enforce appropriate KM standards to meet business specifications
LIGHT WORK: Up to 20 lbs. occasionally & 10 lbs. frequently. Sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work. Close visual acuity to perform activities like analyzing data, typing, writing, viewing a computer, reading, and inspecting/ assembling small parts.
Generally works in an office environment but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting. May provide assistance and tasks at other locations or departments on an as needed basis. Evening and/or weekend shifts may be required. May drive vehicle if needed. Some travel required.
We are an EEO/AA/M/F employer that hires veterans and those with disabilities.