Lead QA Engineer - Mobile
Reports To: VP of Software Development
Develops, publishes, and implements test plans for complex, mobile, multi-tier, distributed, applications throughout the full life-cycle of the software. Works on all company applications, including new and in production. Writes and maintains test automation. Publishes test results. Develops quality assurance standards. Defines and tracks quality assurance metrics such as defect densities and open defect counts.
Consults with: Development
- Defines, develops and implements quality assurance practices and procedures, test plans and other QA assessments.
- Develops automated testing systems using commercial tools, scripts and data set.
- Ensures that all items follow the change management process and are entered and tracked through the change management software (git).
- Works directly with appropriate company personnel to understand project concept, objectives and approach of software development projects.
- Act as a consultant to company on quality methods, processes, and tools.
- Able to work independently.
- Defines scope and objectives of all levels of QA testing.
- Participate in all aspects of testing, including functional, regression, load and system testing.
- Responsible for the overall success of testing. Manages assigned projects from IT Quality Testing through final User Acceptance Testing.
- Establishes the purpose and deliverable's of the test effort.
- Provides resource planning, management and resolution of issues that impede the test effort.
- Assures the appropriate level of quality by the resolution of important defects by working with developers to ensure the software development process has an appropriate level of testing.
- Creates effective manual and automated test plans, using a variety of tool-sets.
- Performs black box testing as required.
- Works collaboratively with development during all stages of projects to provide in process testing results.
- Coordinates groups of business personnel who test, evaluate and validate new functions and applications, and identify issues in software or services.
- Records and reports on testing metrics.
- Obtains final sign-off for code releases to production from the appropriate Project Sponsor.
- Track and report defects using appropriate tools.
Term: Direct Hire
- 7 plus years experience in a quality assurance engineering role
- Experience with Agile Development methodology is a plus
- Must understand Git and CI philosophies
- Current on automated testing suites for Android (Selenium, Junit, Mockito).
- Ability to work independently as well as perform as part of a small, close knit development team required
- Work experience in software development.
- Ability to write unit tests in mobile codebase (with engineers’ help as needed) - we use Swift for iOS and Kotlin for Android. Ability to write unit tests in web codebase (with engineers’ help as needed) - we use React for our web.
- Good understanding of RESTful APIs.
Salary Range: $100K
Recruiter Contact Information: email@example.com