Title of Position: Database Administrator
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: IT Director
Term: 6 month contract to hire
- Design and develop reports using MS SQL Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Perform all database systems administrative functions to include installation, monitoring, backup, migration, restore for MS SQL Server & Oracle database systems, performance tuning, capacity planning and data architecture planning.
- Assessment and proactive monitoring of the database performance and the identification of problem areas
- Assist in developing disaster recovery and business continuity plans; including testing of said plans
- Work with others in Information Technology to build the logical database area and provide technical guidance during all phases of the development process
- Work with vendors in evaluating and implementing new technologies
- Responsible for proactively tuning the databases to ensure proper operation of all applications
- Responsible for troubleshooting and problem solving of the SQL development environment
- Works with user community to ascertain reporting requirements, then develop proper methods for extracting and displaying the data to the user in the form of reports or dashboards
- Responsible for implementation and release of database changes according to agreed timescales and costs
Requires ten or more years of Microsoft SQL Server administration experience.
Requires extensive experience writing T-SQL and stored procedures and query tuning on high transaction systems.
Requires experience in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
Requires experience in ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) development/data integration.
Requires experience in SQL Server Clustering and HA technologies including mirroring, log shipping, failover cluster and various replication technologies would be an advantage.
Prefer two or more years of Oracle database administration experience.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university. The required major is in Information Systems or related degree.
Prefer a Master's Degree from an accredited college or university.
Microsoft MCITP:DBA certification
Oracle Database Administrator certification preferred.
Salary Range: $100K
Recruiter Contact Information: email@example.com