Title of Position: VP/Director of HR
Location: San Antonio
Reports to: Partner
The VP/Director of Human Resources has responsibility for all aspects of Human Resources operational management including:
Needs to be our subject matter expert in these areas:
- Employee relations and compliance
- Talent acquisition and talent retention
- Performance management
- Management of employee relations issues
- Compensation and benefits
- Training of staff and leadership development
- Organizational development
- HR information systems
- Board of Directors assessment and development.
- Will also be responsible for the structure, processes, and tools to hire, manage, develop, and retain a skilled, talented and diverse workforce.
- Strong FLSA
- Labor Laws
- Strong understanding of benefits
- Needs to understand employee and independent contractor relationships
- Will finalize all employee related contracts
- Would be responsible for handbook, paycom system, etc.
- Would like as much experience as possible with IT based HR solutions
- Multi- state experience is a plus.
- Develops organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Implements human resources strategies by establishing department accountability's, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, OFCCP compliance, and labor relations.
- Manages human resources operations by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing staff job contributions; maintaining compensation; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Serves as the program administrator for Success Factors for performance management software.
- Develops human resources operations financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Accomplishes special project results by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities; communicating and coordinating requirements; expediting fulfillment; evaluating milestone accomplishments; evaluating optional courses of action; changing assumptions and direction.
- Supports management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions; analyzing information and applications.
- Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations
- Support the needs of 100 employees within various states
EDUCATION and /or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 10 years experience in HR
- BA degree in Human Resources or Business Relations or equivalent
- PHR or SPHR certification
- Experience in recruiting, employee development
- Strong meeting facilitation and presentation skills to groups of various sizes; comfortable and confident when presenting to and facilitating a group of leaders
- Ability to work with accounting department to facilitate payroll and benefits
- Very organized
- Ability to communicate effectively within the organization at all levels of management
Term: Direct Hire
Salary Range: $150K