The Control System Engineer reports directly to the VP Operations and is a primary supporting role involved in the delivery of professional technical support & services associated with the installation of products distributed by SIGIT.
Contacts and Relationships:
Key Job Skills:
- External activities will require the Control System Engineer to be in contact with senior field decision makers within the industry and client-based senior project-specific personnel (i.e. Program Manager, Project Manager) involved in the design, development and deployment of project based solutions.
- Relationships with a number of oilfield companies (this role requires the development of strategic relationships within the oilfield and exploration areas of the petroleum industry.
Key Competency Requirements:
- Requires advanced computer skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, read and understand electrical schematic drawings,
- Oil and Gas process knowledge,
- Solid understanding of DeltaV, Allen-Bradley PLCs, RTUs, HMIs, SCADA systems and software, databases, related disciplines;
- Significant contributor to process review and PHA meetings
- Develop shutdown keys and control narratives
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment
- Possesses leadership ability
- Possesses strong communicating, facilitating and influencing skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills and the ability to prioritize under pressure of competing deadlines
Education / Designation Requirements:
- 4-10 years’ experience in a related technical programming and field experience preferred
- Experience in providing clear statements of responsibilities and accountabilities
- Experience/training in mentoring, coaching, delegation and change management
- Bachelor of Engineering degree from an accredited Post-Secondary Institution; a combination of education and/or experience will also be considered
Responsibilities may require evening, weekend, and field work in response to needs of the systems being supported.
- Requires a valid driver’s license
Job Type: Full-time
- The ability to manage the projects in a timely and highly effective manner
- Take initiative(s) in pursuing ongoing improvement toward being a subject matter expert in the products offered by the client
- Participate in growing the business