The Automation Manager reports directly to the VP, Operations and is a primary supporting role involved in the delivery of professional technical support & services associated with the installation of products distributed by the client.
The Automation Manager of Technical Field Solutions is considered to be an industry expert in flow measurement, field optimization and oilfield solutions
As client opportunities manifest into specific project work, the Manager of Technical Field Solutions is to assist the sales group (inside & outside sales) with technical and tactical support as needed.
Contacts and Relationships:
Relationships with local products suppliers in conjunction with supporting the Project Teams
- External activities will require the Manager of Automation to be in contact with senior field decision makers within the industry and client-based senior project-specific personnel (i.e. Program Manager, Project Manager) involved in the design, development and deployment of project based solutions.
- Relationships with a number of oilfield companies (this role requires the development of strategic relationships within the oilfield and exploration areas of the petroleum industry.
- Internal activities will require the Manager of Automation - to build and manage:
Management of Others:
*Degree of Confidentiality:
- The role of Manager of Automation Manager will be the direct report to all team members assigned the Technical Field Solutions team.
Section C – Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- The Manager of Automation - will be exposed to sensitive and sometimes proprietary methodologies and information; The Manager of Automation - is required to adhere to all agreements that establish formal levels of confidentiality.
Key Job Skills:
Key Competency Requirements:
- Requires advanced computer skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, read and understand AutoCAD drawings, Oil and Gas process knowledge, solid understanding of DCS, PLCs, RTUs, HMIs, SCADA systems and software, databases, related disciplines; instrumentation, electrical.
- Understanding of state and federal rules and regulations
- Significant contributor to process review and PHA meetings
- Develop shutdown keys and control narratives
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment
- Possesses leadership ability
- Possesses strong communicating, facilitating and influencing skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills and the ability to prioritize under pressure of competing deadlines
Education / Designation Requirements:
- Minimum ten years’ experience in a related technical programming and field experience preferred
- Experience in providing clear statements of responsibilities and accountabilities
- Experience/training in mentoring, coaching, delegation and change management
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Technology Diploma from an accredited Post-Secondary Institution; a combination of education and/or experience will also be considered
- Requires a valid driver’s license
Responsibilities may require evening, weekend, and field work in response to needs of the systems being supported.
Job Type: Full-time
- Success building/development of the services model to the region
- The ability to manage the projects in a timely and highly effective manner
- Take initiative(s) in pursuing ongoing improvement toward being a subject matter expert in the products offered by the client.
- Participate in growing the business