EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s Degree (A.A.S). in Networking, computers, or equivalent education from an accredited two-year college or technical school; certification and/or experience
Experience with networking technologies, including servers and network operating systems
Experience with network-based software applications
Experience with desktop and mobile device operating systems
High School Diplomas and college/university degrees must be obtained from an accredited program or university approved by the United States Department of Education and the Texas Education Agency.
PRIMARY PURPOSE SUMMARY:
The Network/Systems Administrator, under the supervision of the Director of Network Technology, provides hardware, software, and operating system maintenance and support for District servers.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs system administration duties for district-wide antivirus and patching solution for servers.
2. Troubleshoots user accounts and group membership in Active Directory and Office 365, including a working knowledge of identity management, rights management, and groups.
3. Maintains file and print services for employees and students.
4. Supports, maintains, and administers third party applications.
5. Contacts vendors for server and software support.
6. Performs general system administration duties in a Windows Active Directory environment.
7. Monitors logs to diagnose application and system disruption issues.
8. Provides support to engineers on hardware, software, and operating system maintenance and support for District servers.
9. Provides a point of escalation and support to the Technology Support Services department.
10. Works closely and collaboratively with other team members, systems and database administrators and those who provide end user support to integrate technologies with appropriate systems and applications across the district.
11. Contributes to project plans for the implementation of upgrades and developments to systems and services.
12. Assists supervisor in maintaining and troubleshooting content filtering and Office 365 spam system.
13. Assists the Engineering staff on content filtering, VPN, patching, security, email services, and monitoring of server health.
14. Produces appropriate documentation for application deployment, configuration, and related processes.
15. Participates in weekend maintenance activities, as required.
16. Advises on procedures and policies to increase security surrounding Directory Services and Network applications.
17. Participates in disaster recovery planning, testing, and response.
18. Advises on needed improvements.
19. Occasionally required to drive District and personal vehicles in the performance of assigned tasks
20. Maintains confidentiality of information.
21. Reports to work on time every day.
22. Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned.
All applications will be reviewed.
Job Type: Full-time
Please contact Ivy Lamb for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org