Title of Position: Sales Engineer
Salary Range: DOE
Term: Direct Hire
Recruiter Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
TriQuest is seeking a Sales Engineer for a premier client in San Antonio, TX area. The Sales Engineer will drive revenue by working in conjunction with Customers and Account Managers, in developing and designing technical solutions to meet customer needs. Focus is on design, quoting and presentation of solutions incorporating the full portfolio of Managed Services, Cloud Services, Colocation and other related services. The role requires a mixture of business/sales ability, technical skills and project management as the successful individual must be able to deal with high-level engagements with customers, sales staff and detailed engagements with internal engineering resources.
- Work to support the Sales team in qualifying and closing related sales opportunities.
- Understand and communicates the functionality and benefits of all company offerings.
- Ensure the engineering and technical integrity of solutions provided to customers.
- Work with the Sales team to ensure particular solutions fit within the customer’s overall IT environment and strategy.
- Provide preliminary solution and logical diagrams based on customers’ needs.
- Communicate complex technical solutions and issues to non-technical client base, as well as Sales reps.
- Provide walkthrough tours of facilities as requested.
- Must be able and willing to travel (including international travel) as needed, and must have a valid Passport.
- Engage with Operations and Product Management resources to conduct joint technical planning for key accounts.
- Communicate technical solutions to internal provisioning teams for implementation of products.
- Conduct presentations to internal and external audiences on the product and technical requirements.
- Build internal product and technological relationships at the appropriate levels to ensure strong alignment between sales and marketing plans.
- Serve as the liaison between Sales and other departments and provide information on Sales processes to other departments as requested.
- Provide the Sales team with training on product additions and/or changes (with product management) to include preparation of technical papers on existing products for reference.
- Work closely with Product Management for quoting, product changes or enhancements, and common product requests from customers.
- Assist in the day-to-day management of the sales team as needed.
- Validate unusual/complex solutions and customer questions with the appropriate departments as needed.
- Co-ordinate tasks (such as customer migrations/upgrades) with the appropriate departments as necessary.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, facilitation, and conflict resolution skills within a culturally diverse, multi-location work environment.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills to compile and prepare data into logical reports, briefings, and recommendations for internal and external use.
- Bilingual Spanish and English. Verbal and written.
- Experience in effectively coordinating and planning multiple projects, executing multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently while working with conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid business acumen with the ability to influence business issues through a sound knowledge of data processes with consultative skills to interact with all levels internally and externally.
- Detail-oriented, accurate and thorough.
- Self-motivated, ambitious and goal-oriented.
- Effective listening skills.
- Ability to work well with team members within all levels and functions of the organization.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the IT industry.
- In depth technical knowledge in several of the following:Virtualization principles, including server replication and Version:1.0 managed backup solutions
- IT infrastructure platforms such as SAN data storage solutions and general data center configurations and support systems.
- Enterprise Operating System platforms and related software applications/services.
- Additional consideration will be given to those candidates with demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas:
- In-depth technical knowledge of data networking products and complex data solutions.
- Security solutions, including firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems and other host-based security solutions.
- Knowledge with Lan / Wan design;
- Experience in the hosting industry, as a client, vendor or partner.
- University degree in Business or Technology or equivalent relevant working experience.
- Must have MCP certification with Microsoft Azure
- While not required, any of the following certifications would be considered an asset:
- Microsoft MCSE or MCDBA;
- Red Hat RHCE;
- VMware VCP;
- Cisco CCNA.