Title of Position: Quality Analyst/Engineer
Department: QA Department
Reports to: Mgmt.
Term: Direct Hire
Salary Range: DOE
Recruiter Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
TriQuest is seeking a Quality Analyst/Engineer for an exciting opportunity here in San Antonio, TX. This person would be working hand in hand with developers, scrum team, and would provide testing in numerous environments and languages. This person would also be working with Legacy systems or with brand new API micro services.
Must have experience with:
The Quality Analyst/Engineer is responsible for providing statistical analysis for quality improvements working in an Agile team, by identifying testing methods and samples for enterprise applications and systems. This role will also be required to create software automation tests, implementation, and verification / validation. Quality Engineers are expected to use strong analytic skills to look for problems related to the installation or usage of enterprise applications and consult with other engineering or development staff resolve any problems.
• Familiar with the Agile methodology.
• In-depth understanding of the software development life-cycle from functional requirements gathering to the design and execution of automated tests
• Design testing tools which includes writing scripts to enhance testing automation
• Perform and participate in the verification of requirements gathering , feature and functional testing, unit testing, regression, and load / performance testing
• Support and maintain the soapUI testing infrastructure
• Develop and extend a variety of complex test automation infrastructure systems to support automated testing, using Agile and TDD methodologies
• Interact closely with cross-functional teams to ensure performance, high-quality test automation / test infrastructure systems are built to spec and shipped on schedule
• 3+ years of experience developing scripts and test automation with a scripting language (e.g., Groovy and other common *nix scripting languages)
• 1+ years of experience with automation tools (e.g., soapUI and SILK)
• 2+ years of experience developing test plans for both functional and performance testing
• 3+ years of experience using Linux or Unix systems
• 1+ years of experience with routing protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, TCP/IP and etc.
• Minimum BS/BA degree in related field or equivalent work experience
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Experience supporting testing activities for multiple enterprise applications
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience with testing large scale and globally distributed systems
• Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
• Self-motivation in analyzing problems and getting to the root cause of the problem
• Ability to review bug descriptions, functional requirements, design documents, and source code
• Experience with the SoapUI testing framework and Cucumber unit testing framework